As you’ve probably heard by now, 3D Robotics recently announced that they would be partnering with DJI. We use this episode to talk about the DJI/3DR integration, discuss how each company might benefit from the partnership and talk about what it means for drone pilots. Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [02:28] Today’s topic revolves around the announcement of DJI partnering with 3D Robotics
- [03:57] Does 3D Robotics have a competitive edge after partnering with DJI?
- [05:39] What are some of the operational nuances that you need to be aware of while on a drone mapping mission?
- [06:45] Is using SiteScan, a cloud processing application a good choice for mapping missions?
- [10:00] Is it possible to generate accurate maps by switching drones in between jobs?
- [14:20] Which are some of the cloud connected mobile apps that you use to generate maps?
- [16:09] Is the capability of SiteScan to publish and process aerial analytics a big advantage?
- [17:05] What is the cost of SiteScan?
- [17:33] Can SiteScan be used on any other hardware?