Operating your drone indoors presents a unique set of challenges. You’ll have to deal with interference from Wi-Fi, FM radio signals and other obstacles that can make flying inside slightly more difficult than flying outside. With proper training, however, being able to operate indoors can be helpful in lending your drone services to real estate agents and other businesses.
On this episode, we talk about some things you’ll want to know before attempting to fly your drone indoors. We discuss which drones work best in indoors to the settings that will be help you navigate these environments.
Additionally, we encourage you all to check out our courses, which offer a lot of helpful information about the proper ways to go about operating your drone indoors.
Thanks to Mike from Ohio for today’s question! Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:27] Today’s topic revolves around the intricacies of flying your drone indoors
- [03:26] Do Part 107 regulations apply when flying your drone indoors?
- [04:00] Why is it not wise to fly in GPS mode or P mode when flying indoors?
- [04:00] What are some of the causes of ferromagnetic interference while flying indoors?
- [05:23] Is it recommended to turn off your drone sensors while flying indoors?
- [08:20] Can I accurately calibrate my compass and IMU while flying my drone indoors?
- [09:05] Discussing the various pitfalls of flying your drone indoors
- [09:27] Does Inspire 2 have less prop wash as compared to the Inspire 1? Find out why.
- [09:42] Which drone is the best value for money proposition if you need to fly indoors?
- [10:25] Should you consider shooting indoors with a Osmo?
- [11:10] While shooting real estate, will transitioning from inside to outside result in better drone footage?
- [11:52] Some precautions to be exercised while flying your drone indoors
- [12:26] Is the Mavic a good solution for flying indoors?