Today’s episode is for those of you drone pilots who work in rural areas with low populations. Bill called in to ask us about running a drone business in a place with a relatively small community.
Of course, any drone business in a smaller area is going to face some challenges when it comes to finding clients and getting work. At the same time, however, the process of finding clients will generally be the same.
Remember, drones can help businesses everywhere. Real estate agencies need aerial photographs. Construction companies love progression maps. Tourist bureaus can use drone footage to advertise the area and entice people to come visit. Photogrammetry is something that has growing value in a ton of industries.
All in all, you’ll just have to make a demo reel showcasing your drone skills and get it in front of the right people. Focus on the niches where you think you can really shine, show your potential customers how you can help them and don’t give up. Whether you’re in Manhattan or the rural Midwest, businesses need the skills that you have to offer.
Thanks for the question Bill! Fly safe!
P.S – Our friends at Videoblocks are currently offering a “Triple Bundle” package, which gives you full-access to copyright-free video, audio and images for only $149 per year! Make sure to check them out!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
Support net neutrality by signing up here – https://www.battleforthenet.com/
- [02:48] Today’s question is about starting a business in a rural area
- [04:02] Are online platforms good sources for getting drone jobs?
- [04:22] Paul urges anyone thinking of getting into the drone business to make a compelling demonstration video
- [04:48] What are some of the possible areas that you can consider if you planning to enter the drone business?
- [05:11] Paul explains how you can systematically and strategically build your drone business
- [05:37] Paul shares some online sites where you can get work and kick start your drone business
- [06:25] Should you consider looking for work outside your city?
- [07:03] Rob explains why marketing your drone services through your city’s Chamber of Commerce is a great idea