Today, we talk about pricing strategies for drone footage. How much should you charge if you have multiple clients interested in using the same footage? Should you offer a discount? How much should you charge for exclusivity?
Our caller has multiple realtors interested in using the same drone footage. Business acumen dictates that he attempts to strike a deal with each of these clients. We discuss pricing strategies and a need for a tight, ironclad agreement. Should you consider giving the client full rights of ownership? Stay tuned and fly safe!
Also, the folks over at Go Professional Cases are offering a special discount for Drone U members. GPC designs the highest quality professional cases for your drone and GoPro. And they will even custom design a case for you. Use the promo code DRONEU15 to avail a killer deal.
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
Learn about our In-Person Mapping Course in Houston – //bit.ly/HoustonMapping
- [02:06] Today’s question is about establishing a fair price if your footage is used by multiple clients
- [04:19] Discussing the need for having iron clad agreements
- [05:05] Can you make more money by offering the same video to multiple realtors?
- [06:30] Should you consider giving a realtor full rights to your drone footage?
- [09:06] Rob and Paul share some details about Drone U’s forthcoming business course