Today’s question is about flying your drone in a National Park. What are the rules for flying your drone in a National Park? Can you takeoff your drone from within a National Park?
Our caller wishes to know if he can fly the DJI Spark in a National Park. Because he wishes to take off the Spark from the palm of his hand, he feels that he is not breaking any rules. Is this permissible? We also discuss the urgent need for coming up with a new set of rules for flying your drone within a National Park. Thanks to the caller for the question. Fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Don’t forget to pick up a charger from Colorado Drone Chargers. Those guys make high-quality quadchargers to help you maximize your flight time!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:41] Today’s question is about flying in a national park; can you fly a drone if you takeoff from the palm of your hand?
- [02:43] Would you takeoff from outside the national park and fly into it?
- [04:28] Can you takeoff your drone from within the national park?
- [04:50] Will you get into trouble for flying in a national park?
- [09:05] Can you fly a drone in a national park using a videography permit?