Today’s question is about finding clients for a new drone business. How do you find clients for a new drone business? What are some tips and tricks for sales and marketing?
Our caller, Carl has already purchased a thermal camera. But he is having difficulty getting his business off the ground. What sort of clients should he be targeting? Why is it important to deal with knowledgeable clients? Should he approach high profit, high maintenance clients? Or, should be start off with smaller clients?
Like in every business, it is important to deeply research your potential clients. How can you effectively research your prospect and his industry? Apart from industry knowledge, which are the softer skills that can help you build a sustainable business? Tune in to find out. Thanks to Carl for this great question. Fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:19] Today’s question is about getting new clients for a drone business
- [02:55] The importance of dealing with knowledgeable clients
- [03:25] Learn how a knowledgeable client would describe his deliverable requirements
- [04:50] Discussing the importance of zeroing in on a client’s problem and articulating it
- [06:33] How can diligent research help you build your clientele?
- [07:41] Which are the four different client types that you should be aware of?
- [08:45] Can you get drone jobs in the field of home inspection?
- [10:00] Can connecting with a client on an emotional level help you in your sales and marketing?