Today’s question is about the Yuneec H520. Can you shoot great photos and videos with this drone? Is the Yuneec H520 a good drone for 3D mapping?
Our caller has just given his Part 107 and is planning on becoming a drone entrepreneur. He is wondering if he can use the Yuneec H520 for photography and videography. How does the Yuneec H520 compare to DJI’s Phantom 4 Pro? Are there any significant hardware issues that you need to be aware of?
What about sensor build and quality? Learn why the presence of a linear rolling shutter on the Yuneec is such a disadvantage for 3D mappers. We thank our caller for the well articulated question. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:56] Today’s question is about the Yuneec H520
- [04:35] Why is the Yuneec remote so difficult to use?
- [05:19] Can you shoot RAW video on the Yuneec H520?
- [05:37] Is it possible to get great video footage with the Yuneec H520?
- [06:20] Is the Yuneec H520 good for mapping?
- [06:41] How does the Phantom 4 Pro compare with the Yuneec H520? We discuss point density and overall quality of data
- [08:06] Learn how sensor build and quality has a big effect on your data output; we compare linear rolling shutter to global shutter
- [10:19] Discussing remote overheating issues for the Yuneec H520
- [11:15] Is your data more secure on the Yuneec H520?
- [12:16] What are some reasons for using Intel’s Falcon 8 plus for critical infrastructure mapping?