Today’s question is about waivers. Do you need a waiver to fly in controlled airspace? Is it okay to rely on applications such as Airmap and Kittyhawk in order to determine controlled airspace?
Our caller, Jonny from San Diego has just gotten his Part 107 certification. He wishes to procure a waiver in order to fly near an airport in controlled airspace. Does he need to file an airspace authorization in order to do so? Which regions are currently able to use the instantaneous authorization system? We also discuss if it wise to rely on applications such as Airmap and Kittyhawk. And, finally Paul has a great tip which will help you further your drone business. Thanks to Jonny from San Diego for the question. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Use Promo Code “LASTCHANCE” to get $100 off on EACH course. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Do not forget to check out Dynnex Drones. Dynnex Drones, an authorized DJI retailer is offering some really affordable drone financing options. Use the coupon code Drone U Save 25 to get 25 bucks off!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:08] Do not miss out on the last chance to be a part of the Drone U Fly-in
- [03:26] Today’s question is about procuring a waiver to fly in controlled airspace
- [04:40] Learn about our sponsor, Dynnex Drones
- [05:26] How can you access the LAANC program?
- [05:39] Paul clarifies if you still need to file an airspace authorization
- [05:54] Which regions are able to utilize the instantaneous authorization system?
- [06:12] How to determine if your area is eligible for instantaneous authorization using UASFM maps
- [06:58] Are applications such as Airmap and Kittyhawk prone to errors?
- [08:25] Learn how reading airspace sectionals can help your further your drone business
- [10:04] If you want sharpen your sales and negotiation skills, do not forget to check out episode 816