Today’s episode is about getting work from big production houses. Which business strategies can help a drone pilot make inroads into this tough and lucrative industry?
Our caller, Aldrich has come up with a great question today. Having heard Paul talk about his experience in the film industry, Aldrich is wondering how he can get work from this lucrative industry. Watch and learn as Paul suggests 4 steps to help you do just that. In this informative episode, we talk about work culture, pricing and much more.
You will also learn why Paul is dead against working for production houses. And, do unions still have a big say in the movie industry? Tune in to find out. Thanks to Aldrich for the question. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Use Promo Code “LASTCHANCE” to get $100 off on EACH course. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Do not forget to check out Dynnex Drones. Dynnex Drones, an authorized DJI retailer is offering some really affordable drone financing options. Use the coupon code DRONE U SAVE 25 to get 25 bucks off!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:12] Paul shares details about the presentations that NTSB and Pix4D shall be making at the Drone U Fly-in
- [02:17] Learn about our cool sponsor, Dynnex Drones
- [03:13] Today’s question is about getting drone jobs at big production houses
- [04:11] Paul shares his experience working in the film industry
- [04:26] How is the work culture at these big production houses?
- [06:50] 4 steps for getting drone work from big production houses
- [07:19] What is the pricing mechanism for film jobs?
- [08:36] Does Atlanta have many opportunities for UAV pilots? We talk about the different production houses stationed here
- [10:38] Networking strategies for getting work from big production houses
- [11:25] Reasons why Paul is averse to working for production houses
- [12:18] The fourth step for getting work – approach the local permit office
- [14:44] Do unions have a big say in the film industry?