Today we discuss the upcoming FAA Part 107 Recency exam that most drone pilots will have to face after August 31st of this year. Vic is joining us on the show, because he just took the new FAA Part 107 Recency exam and is here to tell us all about it.
On today’s episode we will discuss how to renew your part 107 remote pilot certificate, how the test questions have changed and what to expect.
In addition we will read the rationale of the FAA on the Recency test. With only 40 questions and 90 minutes of time, things have changed. In addition, there are certain sections missing from the whole test!!! Listen in to find out which sections!
Click here to read what the FAA has to say on the Recency test.
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Use Promo Code “LASTCHANCE” to get $100 off on EACH course. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:01] How many questions were asked in the recency test? Were there any missing sections?
- [02:33] How much time do you have to complete your recency test?
- [04:33] What is the process for scheduling your test?
- [06:06] Do you get a new card once you clear the recency test?
- [07:24] Are there any questions on METAR’s in the new test?
- [08:31] Is the new test heavily focused on airspace and sectionals?
- [10:02] Can you carry your cellphone inside the testing center?
- [10:20] Are you being monitored constantly?
- [11:04] Learn what the FAA has to say about the recency test; Paul reads out some interesting excerpts
- [12:17] Do you need Part 107 training for the recency test?
- [12:56] Drone U resources that can help you clear the recency test with ease
- [14:20] Do Part 61 pilots need to take the recency test? Or, will an online test suffice?