Today’s episode is about the 2018 Drone U Fly-in. How was our experience at the 2018 Fly-in? Will we have a Drone U Fly-in in 2019?
This episode is for folks who could not make it to Albuquerque last weekend. Held from Aug 3-5, the 2018 Drone U Fly-in was a resounding success. We share some great anecdotes – some heartwarming and some funny that will give you a “peek” into all the fun we had over the weekend.
Paul and Rob thank all the cool folks who helped make the 2018 Fly-in a spectacular event. We also deliberate whether we should organize another Fly-in 2019. Tune in to learn about our plans for next year. Fly Safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
Check out Officer Dan’s cool video from the 2018 Fly-in – https://youtu.be/Zhds5EwJUi0
- [00:41] Paul talks about his experience at the 2018 Drone U Fly-in
- [01:11] Who was the overall winner of the Drone U Fly-in?
- [02:43] Will we have a 2019 Drone U Fly-in?
- [04:37] Paul and Rob bounce off some ideas for the 2019 Drone U Fly-in
- [06:04] Thanking all the great folks who helped out with the Fly-in
- [07:20] Do not forget to check out Officer Dan’s cool thermal imaging video where he films a drifting car
- [08:05] We share how a storm broke our sets, but not our spirits on the first day
- [08:45] Announcing the Winners of the 2018 Drone U Fly-in
- [09:46] Paul shares a funny Fly-in story
- [12:33] Who had a better timing in the obstacle course? Paul or Jon McBride?