Today’s episodes is about drone and wildfires. Why should drone pilots absolutely refrain from flying near a wildfire? What are the various hazards of doing so?
Our today’s caller, Mark has an important public service announcement to make. Mark cautions all drone pilots against flying their drone in case of a wildfire. What are the dangers of flying near a wildfire? We also discuss the criticality of following a proper chain of command in case of such emergencies. Thanks to Mark for taking up this cause. Fly Safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:48] Today’s episode is about National Forest Service and wildfires
- [01:26] Learn how a counter UAS system can come in handy for airspace management during search and rescue operations
- [02:20] The importance of getting permissions from the right authorities
- [03:25] Mark makes a public service announcement requesting drone pilots to refrain flying over wildfires
- [04:06] Rob and Paul discuss the hazards of flying your drone near a wildfire
- [04:38] Are drones typically used in fire service?
- [04:51] Discussing the importance of following the chain of command in case of a wildfire