Today’s episode is about generating accuracy in UAV mapping. What systems should you follow? And, which equipment and applications should you ideally use?
Our caller Ted from Germany is wondering how he can generate drone maps with cm grade accuracy. We kick off this informative episode by talking about process systems and ideal workflow. Which is the best drone for UAV mapping, and why? What are the different GPS options? And, how can you set accurate ground control points? We also talk about the drone cameras and provide some little known editing tricks to wrap up this information filled episode.
Do not forget to check out our intermediate mapping course. This course is just one of the 32 online courses that are guaranteed to give you a competitive edge. Thanks to Ted from Germany for the question. Fly Safe!
Do not forget to check out Dynnex Drones. Dynnex Drones, an authorized DJI retailer is offering some really affordable drone financing options. Use the coupon code DRONE U SAVE 25 to get 25 bucks off!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
Check out Officer Dan’s cool video from the 2018 Fly-in – https://youtu.be/Zhds5EwJUi0
- [00:39] Paul states the agenda for today’s episode
- [01:05] How can Drone U help you improve your UAV mapping skills
- [01:34] Learn how you can get some really affordable financing options from our sponsor, Dynnex drones
- [02:21] Today’s question is about the systems and equipment necessary for increased accuracy in UAV mapping
- [03:59] Workflow for producing accurate UAV maps – we talk about different options with regards to GPS and setting your Ground Control Points
- [05:16] Which are the different mapping software that you can choose from?
- [06:28] What are scale constraints, and what are their benefits?
- [07:48] Learn how Angad and Josh carried out a cool mapping expedition at the Fly-in
- [08:23] Why should you opt for a global shutter over a rolling shutter?
- [08:55] Which is the best drone for UAV mapping right now?
- [09:37] Can you use the Intel Falcon Plus for UAV mapping?
- [09:53] Discussing if the M600 drone system is right for UAV mapping; should you opt for a Sony A73 or a Sony A7R Mark3?
- [12:27] Should you shoot in RAW or JPEG? We share some little known editing hacks that are sure to help you in your business
- [15:01] Paul shares some details about the prestigious Drone U training coming up in DC
- [15:20] Paul sums up the entire episode
- [15:43] Watch out for our newly designed Drone U landing pads
- [16:11] Learn how becoming a Drone U member is an incredible opportunity to beef up your mapping skills