Today’s episode is about gauging piloting skills. Is the FAA successful in accurately gauging the skill level of a drone pilot? What are some tricks for determining that a drone pilot knows his stuff?
Our caller has come up with a great question today. How do you determine if a drone pilot is really good at what he does? Does getting a Part 107 certification validate a pilot’s skills? We discuss some Tips and Tricks which can help you answer this question. You will also learn how Drone U can help you improve your piloting skills. Thanks to the caller for the question. Fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:21] Today’s question is about ascertaining the piloting skills
- [01:40] How successful is FAA in accurately gauging piloting skills?
- [03:48] Discussing the proposed Reauthorization Bill which could render Part 107 obsolete
- [05:29] What could be FAA’s motive behind removing Part 107?
- [06:16] Rules for takeoff and landing that every drone pilot should follow
- [07:06] Should you go for an IMU calibration every time?
- [07:46] Some more important things that every drone pilots should know
- [10:05] How can Drone U help you improve your piloting skills?
- [11:45] How to gauge piloting skills by looking at drone footage
- [12:10] If you liked what you heard, please leave us a good review