Today we discuss the repercussions of NOT renewing your Part 107 license. Can you get into trouble for flying without your Part 107 license?
Our today’s caller is contemplating not renewing his Part 107. We discuss the various reasons why this is NOT a good idea. What happens if an unlicensed operator crashes his drone? Can he claim damages from the insurance company? We discuss how one freak incident can have far reaching implications. Tune in to this informative episode. Fly Safe!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Don’t forget to pick up a charger from Colorado Drone Chargers. These guys make high-quality quadchargers to help you maximize your flight time. Use discount code Drone U 8 to get yourself a killer deal!
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:14] Learn about our cool sponsor, Colorado Drone Chargers
- [02:24] How can you buy the Mavic Pro 2? Paul shares a link to the DJI store
- [03:25] Today’s question is about renewing your Part 107
- [04:26] How many Part 107 enforcement’s have been made as per the Freedom of Information Act?
- [05:06] Discussing how low cost is added incentive to renew your Part 107
- [06:35] What are the repercussions for an unlicensed operator who crashes his drone? Can he claim insurance?
- [08:17] Can you be sued for negligence if you crash your drone?
- [09:43] Some of the factors that can cause a drone crash
- [11:16] Can you be investigated by federal investigators if you crash your drone?
- [11:40] We discuss how unlicensed operators can be slapped with a lawsuit