Today’s question is about renting airspace authorizations. Are there any issues with renting airspace authorization from a fellow drone pilot? How can you expedite this process?
Our caller, John from Oklahoma tried to get his airspace authorization via LAANC. But was unable to do so. Can he rent an airspace authorization from a fellow drone pilot? Does FAA allow this “give and take” of airspace authorizations?
We discuss the various issues surrounding airspace authorizations, and discuss the steps you can take to overcome them. You will also learn how Drone U can help you expedite the whole process. Watch out for some interesting information about our forthcoming courses. Thanks to John for the great question. Fly Safe!
If you liked this video, you might want to check out our “Flight Approval” playlist on YouTube.
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Don’t forget to pick up a charger from Colorado Drone Chargers. These guys make high-quality quadchargers to help you maximize your flight time. Use discount code Drone U 8 to get yourself a killer deal!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:37] Learn about our exhaustive Part 107 training which can help you clear your recency test
- [01:32] Today’s Part 107 Practice Question
- [05:11] Discussing FAA’s new statement at Interdrone
- [05:54] Learn about our cool sponsor, Colorado Drone Chargers
- [06:44] Today’s question is about renting airspace authorizations
- [08:27] Discussing the growing popularity of renting airspace authorizations
- [09:21] How can Drone U help you rent authorizations?
- [09:46] Does FAA allow you you to rent airspace authorizations from another drone pilot?
- [10:01] Recounting the David Boggs episode
- [10:33] Does experience count when applying for airspace authorization? What is FAA’s take on this?
- [11:41] What is the biggest issue with renting out authorizations? Learn how you can overcome it
- [14:15] Does it make sense to file for authorizations at all airports close to you?
- [15:04] How can you use airspace authorization on a recurrent basis?
- [15:24] Should you make a contractual arrangement while renting airspace authorization? Will a verbal arrangement suffice?
- [17:01] How can you expedite the process of availing airspace authorizations? Discussing the importance of cultivating good relationships with ATC officials
- [20:22] If you liked what you heard, please leave us a review
- [20:48] Learn about our forthcoming courses