Today’s episode is about the proposal to introduce new hobbyist rules. Section 336 has led to an environment of non compliance. Are the new rules designed to correct this situation?
Vic joins Paul and Rob to discuss the various aspects of Section 344. Section 344 is a proposed set of new hobbyist rules that might replace Section 336. AMA has been vehemently opposing these new rules. Is there any merit in their argument? We discuss why Section 344 is a win-win situation for both the AMA and the FAA.
Will enforcements increase if Section 344 goes through? Will flying become more difficult for hobby pilots? Tune in to find out why the removal of section 336 might in fact do good to the drone industry. Fly Safe!
If you enjoyed listening to this episode, you might want to check out our, “Legalities” playlist on YouTube.
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:33] Today’s episode is about hobbyist rules that have lead to an environment of non compliance in the drone industry
- [01:03] Learn about the proposed Section 344 that might replace Section 336
- [01:59] What is the current status of Section 344?
- [04:09] Is the removal of section 336 a good thing?
- [04:52] Has section 336 taken away the rule-making power from FAA?
- [05:24] Is there any truth to AMA’s argument?
- [06:20] We share some interesting details of Section 344
- [09:54] What will be the role of CBO’s if Section 344 is passed?
- [10:27] Reasons why the 344 is a win-win for the AMA and the FAA
- [13:53] Would enforcements increase if 344 goes through?
- [16:10] Vic’s appeal to AMA
- [16:28] Did AMA help with the drafting of Section 336?
- [17:34] Will a hobbyist need LAANC for flight authorization?
- [18:35 ]Paul sums up today’s episode
- [20:46] Do not forget to share and leave us a review
- [21:38] Check out our 33 exhaustive and awesome courses