Today we have a two part question. The first part is about the benefit (if any) of advertising a private pilot license. The second part is about carbon fiber blades.
Our caller is a manned pilot who has just ventured into the drone business. He is wondering if using carbon fiber blades on his Phantom 4 Pro can help him in any way. Paul deep dives into this topic and we suggest all possible pros and cons that our caller needs to be aware of.
The second part of this question is about using your private pilot license to market your drone business. Is this a good idea? Rob and Paul are in different camps on this one. Tune in to find out if they manage to arrive at a consensus. Thanks to the caller for the wonderful question. Fly Safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:57] How can Drone U help you clear your Part 107 recency exam
- [01:40] Today’s Part 107 Practice question
- [03:04] Today we have a two part question – we discuss if you should advertise your private pilot license; the second part is about using carbon fiber props
- [03:58] What are the pros and cons of using carbon fiber props?
- [05:08] Should you use carbon fiber props for Inspires and hexacopters?
- [06:06] Will using carbon fiber props make your drone quieter?
- [08:31] What does Paul think about using a private pilot license to market your drone business?
- [11:47] Does Rob agree with Paul on this topic?