Today’s question is about scaling up your drone business. What steps do you need to take in order to transition from a one man show to a larger organization?
Our caller, Josh is in a dilemma. Like many of his counterparts, Josh owns a flourishing drone business. However, because he is running his drone business as a one man show, he is unable to grow beyond a certain level. Should he hire folks to help him out so that he concentrate on developing more lucrative industry verticals? While this is the right thing to do, there is also a need to tread with caution.
We discuss how prudent hiring practices, proper systems and thorough planning is critical if you are take your business to greater heights. Thanks to Josh from UK for the great question. Fly Safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t (Rockefeller Habits 2.0) – https://amzn.to/2NGaxlK
- [01:34] Today’s Part 107 Practice Question
- [02:30] Today’s question is about scaling up your drone business
- [03:34] Learn about our new Drone Business Course
- [03:44] Steps to take into consideration when scaling up your drone business
- [04:54] How to hire the right person for your drone business
- [07:04] Should you hire a specialist in the initial years of your drone business?
- [07:29] Important to maintain an unwavering focus on sales
- [08:14] Should you plan out every aspect of your business before you set the ball rolling?
- [13:04] Why is it critical to have ironclad systems before you scale up your drone business
- [13:23] The need to move away from being a sole proprietor
- [14:27] Documenting your systems is critical for proper implementation
- [14:57] We share a great resource for documenting your plans and systems
- [17:21] Paul and Rob sum up the entire episode