Today’s question is about flying in areas with heavy GPS interference. Flying your drone in GPS negative areas is a different ball game. What are some Tips and Tricks that can help you avoid a drone crash?
Our caller, Ashley from London has a chance to take up a lucrative drone assignment. The only catch is that Ashley will be flying in an oil rig. What precautions should Ashley observe if he were to take up this job?
We cover all important aspects from flying technique to drone settings to drone insurance which shall help Ashley successfully execute this risky job. Tune in for some expert tips. Thanks to the caller for the question. Fly Safe!
If your found this show interesting, you might want to check out our Drills and Exercises course. If you need drone training from some of the best names in the industry, check out our Drone U Elite program.
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Try us out for 14 days and access over 30 courses, including Part 107 training, plus our amazing community for $1.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:28] Do not forget to check out our awesome Drone Business Course
- [01:46] Today’s question is about flying in areas with heavy interference
- [02:45] Is it necessary to use spark proof drones for flying in oil rigs?
- [03:37] The importance of flying in Atti mode in an interference heavy environment
- [04:14] Should you turn off “Smart Go Home” on your drone?
- [04:50] What should you set your signal loss to? RTH, Hover or Auto-land?
- [05:10] Important to monitor battery voltage when flying a risky job
- [05:40] Tips and Tricks for taking off safely
- [06:08] We sum up the entire episode
- [07:16] Discussing the necessity of availing the right drone insurance and sufficient coverage
- [08:06] Should you use prop guards in an interference heavy environment?