We have a special episode for you today. Paul is joined by Angad Singh from Pix4D and Bill English from NTSB to discuss the forthcoming Accident Reconstruction Training to be held at the NTSB training academy in Ashburn, VA from December 4-7.
This show kickstarts with Paul quizzing Angad Singh about the various nuances of accident reconstruction. You will learn how the complimentary skill-sets of Paul and Angad will result in an awesome training experience. Why is accident reconstruction an excellent use case for drone technology? And, can drone data be validated in courts? We do a DEEP DIVE on these (and many more) important topics.
Bill English from NTSB joins us in the latter half of the show. You will learn about the awesome facilities in Ashburn, VA where this intensive accident reconstruction training shall be taking place. Accident scene reconstruction is a different ball game compared to regular mapping. Our unique course is designed to train YOU to map complex scenes and subjects whilst receiving instructions from industry’s best. Do not miss out on this super opportunity. Sign Up NOW!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
Become a Drone U Member. Try us out for 14 days and access over 30 courses, including Part 107 training, plus our amazing community for $1.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
Check out our forthcoming Mapping Classes – http://bit.ly/DroneMappingClasses
- [00:24] Paul introduces Angad Singh from Pix4D
- [01:15] Drone U and Pix4D are teaming up to offer a accident reconstruction class at NTSB training academy in Ashburn, VA
- [01:52] Learn how complementary skill-sets offered by Drone U and Pix4D will result in a great training experience
- [02:34] Why is accident reconstruction an excellent use case for drones?
- [04:45] How to use reference measurement protocol to validate drone data
- [06:02] How much do highway closures cost the taxpayer?
- [07:06] What are the legal ramifications of using drones for accident scene reconstruction?
- [07:50] Will drone data hold up in court?
- [09:16] What makes the forthcoming accident reconstruction class a unique experience?
- [12:20] Paul introduces Bill English from NTSB
- [12:58] What makes accident reconstruction a greater challenge compared to regular UAV mapping?
- [14:06] Should you focus on accuracy rather than creating pretty models when mapping an accident site?
- [15:13] Learn about our awesome training facilities in Ashburn where you will get a chance to map a plane crash!
- [18:02] Who is this training for?
- [18:22] Location, Dates and Sign up information for the Accident Scene Reconstruction Training
- [18:47] Paul shares some details about our forthcoming flight mastery course