Today’s episode is about tethered drones. Do you need a Part 107 license to fly a tethered drone? And, can tethered drones be used for surveillance?
Our today’s caller is wondering if he needs a Part 107 certification to fly a tethered drone. Watch and learn as we share what the FAA has to say about this. We also discuss how tethered drones can be used for security surveillance. Can such sophisticated surveillance technologies be misused? And, can regulations ensure responsible use? Tune in now as we discuss all this and much more. Thanks to our caller for the question. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Use Promo Code “LASTCHANCE” to get $100 off on EACH course. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Do not forget to check out Dynnex Drones. Dynnex Drones, an authorized DJI retailer is offering some really affordable drone financing options. Use the coupon code Drone U Save 25 to get 25 bucks off!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:38] Do Part 107 rules apply to tethered drones?
- [03:04] Be a part of the Drone U Fly in – Do not miss out on this last opportunity!
- [05:10] Learn about all the eminent speakers at the Drone U Fly-in
- [05:28] Learn about our sponsor, Dynnex drones
- [06:02] Today’s question is about tethered drones
- [06:50] Do Part 107 rules apply to tethered drones?; learn what the FAA has to say about this
- [07:35] According to FAA, what is the definition of a balloon? Can a tethered drone be classified as a balloon?
- [09:32] Why would you tether your drone? Learn how tethered drones are critical for security surveillance
- [11:14] Are tethered drones being currently used for surveillance?
- [12:41] Learn about sophisticated facial recognition technology that can be used for surveillance
- [13:02] The importance of regulating surveillance technology
- [15:43] Discussing the need of corporations to responsibly use sophisticated surveillance technologies