Today’s episode is about using a VPN for running flight applications on your drone. Can you protect your data by using a VPN? Are there any alternatives to using a VPN?
Our caller, Kevin is wondering if he should use a VPN to protect his data. Is your data safe when you are using a VPN? How do you set up a VPN? We also discuss if alternative measures such as using a Faraday cage and a DJI CrystalSky monitor will help ensure data security. And, we wrap up this episode by speculating if drone pilots will increasingly resort to using VPN’s in the coming years.Thanks to Kevin for the question. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Use Promo Code “LASTCHANCE” to get $100 off on EACH course. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Also the folks at Schedudrone are offering a special discount just for Drone U listeners. Schedudrone is a great App that will take care of your invoicing, contracts and pricing so that you can FOCUS on your business. Use promo code drone u to get yourself a killer deal (25% off for life!) on a cool product.
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:30] We share information about the forthcoming Drone U Fly-in; Paul shares details about the search and rescue presentation
- [01:45] Learn about the Pix4D’s demonstration at the forthcoming Fly-in
- [02:05] You will also learn about thermography with RMUS’s Jon McBryde at the Fly-in
- [02:34] Learn about the awesome Counter UAS technology presentation that will be made at the Drone U Fly-in
- [03:17] We share details about our sponsor, Schedudrone
- [04:15] Today’s question is about using VPN’s for flight applications in your drone
- [04:53] What is a VPN? Is your data safe when you are using a VPN?
- [07:33] Can you access your computer remotely with a VPN?
- [07:58] Which are the different applications that you can use for setting up a VPN?
- [09:19] Are VPN’s important for the drone industry?
- [11:28] Discussing how encrypted data transferred via VPN’s is critical for data security
- [12:15] Learn why Paul uses a DJI CrystalSky monitor
- [12:52] Can you hack the Phantom 4 V2?
- [15:52] Is Paul using a VPN to run flight applications on his drones?
- [16:09] Should you encapsulate your phone in a Faraday cage to assuage privacy concerns?
- [17:01] Benefits of using the DJI CrystalSky monitor
- [18:26] Will the usage of VPN’s increase due to data security concerns?
- [19:07] Is it safe to use Public WiFi?
- [20:27] How can Drone U help you build your business?