Today’s episode is about NDVI mapping. Should you use NDVI mapping for golf course maintenance? Or, are you better off relying on traditional practices and tools?
Our caller, Ken from NJ has again come up with a great question. Ken is questioning if it is feasible to use NDVI mapping for golf course maintenance. Why do golf courses still rely on traditional tools like probes to measure moisture? We discuss if there any practical benefits to replacing these traditional tools with drones. We also discuss the immense potential of drones in sports analytics. Tune in to this extremely informative episode now. Thanks to Ken from NJ for the question. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Use Promo Code “LASTCHANCE” to get $100 off on EACH course. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Do not forget to check out Dynnex Drones. Dynnex Drones, an authorized DJI retailer is offering some really affordable drone financing options. Use the coupon code Drone U Save 25 to get 25 bucks off!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:53] Learn about our sponsor, Dynnex Drones
- [02:31] Today’s question is about using NDVI mapping for golf course maintenance
- [05:05] Can you get better data by using a multi spectral camera?
- [05:28] How NDVI can help you determine unhealthy plants
- [05:48] Discussing the benefits of using multi spectral cameras over NDVI mapping
- [07:38] Will using simulated or false NDVI result in inferior data?
- [08:13] Do you really need NDVI mapping to determine bad grass in a golf course?
- [09:31] Why are age old practices and tools still being used for golf course maintenance?
- [11:09] Can NDVI mapping help farmers?
- [12:20] Is it economically feasible to use drones for golf course maintenance?
- [14:04] Learn about two drone applications for golf course marketing and maintenance – Videography and Mapping
- [14:28] Discussing the immense potential of drones in sports analytics
- [16:06] How can Drone U help you clear your Part 107 recency test