Today’s question is about using DJI’s M600 for UAV mapping. Is it worth spending thousands of dollars for a M600 plus DSLR? Can you get survey grade data using a high end drone system such as this?
Our caller, Ken from NJ is wondering if the M600 with a DSLR is ideal for UAV mapping. Are there any challenges with using high end drones like the M600? Which are some good drone cameras that you can consider? We discuss costs and data quality. Does the data quality justify the high cost? Thanks to Ken from NJ for the question. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Use Promo Code “LASTCHANCE” to get $100 off on EACH course. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:24] Some solid reasons you do NOT want to miss the Drone U Fly-in
- [03:36] Today’s question is about using the M600 for UAV mapping
- [04:16] Can you deploy your DSLR on the M600?
- [04:29] What are some of the challenges with using bigger drones?
- [05:40] What are some of the high end cameras that work with the Ronin MX and the M600?
- [06:37] How much will a M600 drone system end up costing you?
- [06:58] How does the Sony a73 compare to the Sony a7R Mark III?
- [08:37] Will you get survey grade data using a high end drone like the M600?
- [11:28] Paul concludes the episode