Today we break from answering a question to having the pleasure of interviewing John Taylor about the courts recently throwing out the FAA’s Part 48 drone registration requirements for hobbyist pilots. Stay tuned and join us; we think you’ll find it quite interesting. Thanks for listening in, and we appreciate your time with us again, John.
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
- [02:48] Will commercial drone pilots still need registration now that Part 48 has been thrown out of court?
- [03:12] John Taylor answers Paul question regarding commercial drone registration
- [03:39] Do hobbyists still need to follow CBO guidelines after the Part 48 ruling?
- [05:44] Future effects of the Part 48 ruling on the drone industry
- [07:58] Does registration help in increasing the safety of hobbyist drone operators or flyers?
- [10:06] Safely flying drones in the national airspace system
- [12:24] Do you think that the FAA will appeal the Part 48 decision?