Today, we talk about Attitude Mode. Lance from New Jersey wants to learn to fly in Attitude Mode, so he called in to ask for some tips.
Currently, Lance flies a Mavic Pro. He wants to get the smooth, buttery shots that Attitude Mode can provide. Of course, his main problem is that the Mavic Pro doesn’t feature Attitude Mode. The Mavic Pro does have a Cinematic Mode as one of its Intelligent Flight Mode options, but how does it compare?
Truthfully, Mavic’s Cinematic Mode is not a strong substitute for Attitude Mode. While it does facilitate smoother shots, it does not offer the variety of benefits that Attitude Mode provides. The Mavic Pro’s manual mode, on the other hand, is a better alternative.
However, there is no true substitution for Attitude Mode. It enables you to be flexible and versatile in a way that no other flight mode does. Luckily, we’ll be offering an exclusive webinar on 11/29/17 for Drone U members on getting Attitude Mode for your drone.
Undeniably, you’ll need to learn to fly in Attitude Mode at some point. It will help you to become the best pilots you can be. Ultimately, flying in GPS Mode is like flying with the training wheels on.
We hope that we answered your question, Lance. Thanks for the call! Fly safe!
P.S – Our friends at Videoblocks are currently offering a “Triple Bundle” package, which gives you full-access to copyright-free video, audio and images for only $149 per year! Make sure to check them out!
Also, the folks over at Energen are offering a special discount on their amazing batteries for all Drone U members. Use one the following promo codes at checkout, depending on which battery you buy, to get a great deal on a killer battery:
Energen A40 Model: DRONEUA40
Energen M10 Model: DRONEU M10
Energen P40 Mode: DRONEU P40
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [03:51] Today’s question revolves around flying the Mavic Pro in Attitude Mode
- [05:44] Will Cinematic Mode help you fly in Attitude Mode?
- [06:00] Paul suggests some practical ways of practicing in Attitude Mode
- [06:26] We share details about our upcoming webinar which has some great content that will help you fly in Attitude Mode
- [07:06] What are some of the limitations of the Mavic Pro? Does the Phantom 4 Pro handle Attitude Mode much better?
- [07:51] What are some of reasons to master flying in Attitude Mode?
- [09:13] Discussing why Attitude Mode is more suited for urban and remote environments
- [14:10] How can you Drone U help you be a better pilot?