Today’s episode is about using high end drone cameras in UAV mapping. Do you need to use expensive phase one cameras for complicated mapping missions? What are some best practices for using a camera with a rolling shutter?
Our caller, Ken from NJ has come up with a great question today. He is wondering if he needs to use an expensive drone camera for creating sophisticated 3D maps. Will you end up paying more for your Pix4D subscription if you are using a high end drone camera? Why should you avoid putting your drone camera in silent mode during a mapping mission? Can you use cameras such as A6300 and A6500 for UAV mapping? We review and compare high end drone cameras such as a7R Mark III and a7R III. Thanks to Ken from NJ for the question. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Do not forget to check out Dynnex Drones. Dynnex Drones, an authorized DJI retailer is offering some really affordable drone financing options. Use the coupon code Drone U Save 25 to receive a discount on your purchase!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:03] Is DJI coming out with the new Mavic Pro 2 on July 18th?
- [02:12] Our takeaways after using the Phantom 4 Version 2 for 2 weeks
- [03:47] Paul shares information about the upcoming training on East Coast
- [03:57] Five solid reasons to go to the Drone U Fly-in
- [05:04] We share details of our newest sponsor, Dynnex drones
- [05:51] Today’s question is about using high end drone cameras for creating complex 3D maps
- [08:18] Discussing phase one drone cameras with high end sensors
- [08:35] Will your end up paying more for your Pix4D subscription if you are using a drone camera greater than 55 MP?
- [09:08] Discussing the leaf style shutters on phase 1 drone cameras
- [10:18] Paul shares and explains the rolling shutter equation
- [11:44] Comparing the a7R Mark III to a7R III; which is the better drone camera for UAV mapping?
- [12:13] Why should you avoid putting your drone camera in silent mode while creating 3D maps?
- [12:51] Can you use A6300, A6000 or A6500 for UAV mapping?
- [13:18] Can you switch your zoom during a UAV mapping mission?
- [14:19] Are expensive cameras needed for creating high end drone maps? We discuss the a7r Mark III
- [15:28] What are some examples of high end UAV mapping where you will need a sophisticated sensor?
- [16:41] Do not forget to check out the new courses on Drone U