Today’s episode is about 3D drone mapping. What is the ideal climate for getting accurate mapping data? Does KP-index and the presence of reflective materials impact the quality of 3D mapping data?
Our caller, Derrick has come up with a great question today. New to the drone business, Derrick is wondering about the ideal conditions for 3D drone mapping. Are ideal conditions different for photogrammetry and 3D drone mapping? Should you shoot a mapping mission on a sunny day or an overcast day? You will also learn how KP-index and reflective materials affect the quality of your 3D mapping data. Tune in now. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:00] Today’s question is about the ideal conditions for 3D drone mapping
- [03:14] Do ideal conditions for aerial photography and 3D mapping differ?
- [04:08] What are the ideal conditions for getting accurate 3D mapping data?
- [04:30] How can you measure KP-index? And, why is it important for 3D drone mapping?
- [06:00] What are the various factors that impact the quality of mapping data? Learn why the presence of reflective materials makes it more difficult to get good 3D mapping data.