Today’s episode is about selling drone footage of private property. Do you need a property release in order to do so? And, when do you need a model release?
Our caller, Dan has come up with a great question today. He is wondering if he needs permission to grab drone footage of private property. Can you get into legal trouble for flying over private property? In which instances will you need a property release? And, what about a model release? Dan also expressed interest in doing wheat inspections. Is this a good idea? Tune in to find out. Thanks to Dan for the question. Fly Safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:23] Today’s question is about selling drone footage of private property
- [03:46] Can you detect the presence of glyphosate using a hyper spectral sensor?
- [07:17] In what situation would you need a model release?
- [08:55] What about property release? Do you need one?
- [10:11] Discussing ULC’s foiled attempt to introduce an aerial trespass law
- [11:40] Do you need permission to take off an land from private property?
- [12:07] How to react when a drone jobbing company tries to poach your client
- [14:13] Is there value in doing wheat inspections?