In today’s episode, we review the all new Mavic 2. We review specifications, capabilities and applications of this much awaited DJI drone.
Drone U Chief Pilot, Paul Aitken joins us from New York City to review the all new Mavic 2. The Mavic 2 is available in two variants – Pro and Zoom. Michael Oldenburg from DJI shares some of the Mavic 2’s coolest features. You will learn about the beautiful visual imagery you can create using the new Hasselblad sensor.
Later on, we are joined by Angad Singh from Pix4D. Can you use the Mavic 2 for UAV mapping in spite of its rolling shutter? And, are photogrammetry results comparable to drones with a global shutter? Angad also shares some precautions that you need to take while shooting with a rolling shutter. So, should you buy the new Mavic? Tuning in to this comprehensive review will give you all the information that you need to make your decision.
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:01] Top 3 things that make the Mavic Pro 2 and the Mavic Pro 2 zoom so special
- [01:55] Discussing the cool new feature on the Mavic 2 – dolly zoom
- [02:16] How much will the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom cost?
- [02:47] Will the 1 inch CMOS sensor on the Mavic 2 allow you to shoot in 4K 60 fps?
- [03:00] How fast can the new Mavic go?
- [03:10] Is Attitude mode on the new Mavic?
- [03:25] Learn about Mavic’s solid obstacle avoidance
- [03:33] Discussing the capabilities of the Hasselblad sensor on the new Mavic
- [04:10] Are buyers more likely to buy the Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 zoom?
- [04:45] Angad Singh from Pix4D discusses if you can get good photogrammetry results in spite of the linear rolling shutter
- [05:34] Precautions to observer while shooting with a rolling shutter
- [07:00] Learn about Pix4D Capture’s function which allows you to compensate for linear rolling shutter
- [07:25] Will UAV mapping take more time with the Mavic 2?
- [08:05] Learn about the color and dynamic range offered by the Mavic 2
- [08:55] Will images require pre-processing?
- [10:12 ]Photogrammery – a art and science
- [11:35] Can you map with the Mavic 2 zoom?
- [13:07] Can the Mavic 2 prove to be a good replacement for the Phantom 4 Pro?
- [13:19] Paul shares how the 1 inch Hasselblad sensor on the new Mavic results in extraordinary images
- [14:41] Paul sums up the Mavic 2 review